The file embedded above constains some useful information on the Telluride Airport Runway Closure that will occur April 7, 2009 – November 2, 2009.
Additionally, on the attached is excellent information about:
1) Alternate ways for Destination Guests to Fly to the region
2) Rental Car and Ground Transportation options
3) Info on Helicopter service to the Telluride Regional Airport that some high-end guests may wish to take advantage of.
As progress on the Telluride Airport Improvement Project continues the Telluride Aiport Authority will help to communicate additional information about the status of the project itself and any other information that you may need. While the Telluride Airport improvements will not open up the airport classification to the point where Jets can fly into Telluride on a commercial basis, the improvements will:
1) Enhance the safety of the Telluride Regional Airport
2) Change the classification of the Telluride Regional Airport where it can accept 74 Seat Q400 Aircraft (Estimated Fall of 2010).